Workshop – 26th December 2021
All competitors are requested to attend the Music Workshop where they can correct the diction and pronunciation of the words of the song they are singing, if they have any doubts.
Date and timing of the workshop for each group will be uploaded in this website by 15th December 2021.
Prepare 3 Purandara Daasa krithis for the competition.
It is advisable for the music teacher to accompany the competitor for the workshop.
Call-slip uploaded by 15th December should be produced while reporting for the Competitive Round at the Venue.
Competitive Round – 1st January 2022 – Group A, B, C
1. The competitor should render a Purandara Daasar Krithi in full
2. Prepare 3 Purandhara Daasar krithis. Judges will ask the participant to sing one of the three songs mentioned by the competitor in the Call Slip
3. Strictly avoid Aalapans, detailing Swaras or Niravals, or Ugabhoga
4. Participants are advised to use the ‘Sruthi Box’ or tambura.
5. Mention the raga & tala before starting the song.
6. Judging will be based on the raga, sruthi, tala, bhava, pronunciation and diction. Judges decision and selection is final.
Group D – Krithis with Manodharma
1. The competitor should render a Purandara Daasar Krithi in full and indulge in ‘manodarma’ – Raga, Aalapan, Kalpana swara
2. Time restricted to 10 minutes only
3. Participants are advised to use the ‘Sruthi Box’ or tambura
4. Mention the raga & tala before starting the song
5. Judging will be based on your correct pronunciation and indulgence in Manodharma
Judges decision and selection is final
Team Event – 2nd Jan 2022
1. A team shall comprise of 4 to 5 participants
2. Sixth participant can be an instrumentalist
3. The team shall represent a teacher or an institution
4. Should render Purandara Daasar Krithis (one or more) in full
5. Mention the raga & tala before starting the song
6. Time duration is 15 minutes only-no restrictions in number of songs
7. Judging will be based on the raga, sruthi, tala, bhava, pronunciation and diction
Judges Decision and selection is final
Finals – 2 Jan 2022 – 2.30pm
1. The finalist shall sing a different Purandara Daasar krithi – do not repeat the same song rendered in the competitive round
2. The presentation will be before an invited audience
3. All rules detailed in the preliminaries shall apply
4. Present the call slip at the venue
PLEASE KEEP LOGGING INTO THIS WEBSITE OFTEN – THE SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE